Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Very special auctions


As I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm running some very special auctions right now. 100% of these sales will go directly to the San Diego Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For the past four years I have been a part of "Team Cooper." Cooper is my dear friend Julie's five year old son. Cooper is just five days older than my oldest son but when I brought my son home, Cooper was still in the NICU as they tried to find out what was going on with him. He was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) at two weeks old. Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. Currently the median life expectancy is just under 37 years old. I just turned 37 this year and hearing that fact really hit home with me!

During Cooper's first year of life he had many hospital stays as he fought to stay healthy. Over the past years Julie has done everything in her power to keep Cooper healthy and thriving. Everyday he undergoes breathing treatments on a nebulizer, wears a vibrating vest to keep the mucus from sticking to his lungs and takes numerous medications. He's a sweet and bright little boy and is such a joy. We want to do everything we can to keep Cooper healthy!

Great Strides is an annual fundraiser for the CF Foundation. We will be walking it with Julie, Cooper and their family and friends on May 17th. Please check out my auctions and help support Team Cooper. Or, if you are moved to do so you can donate directly to my Great Strides webpage .

Lastly, please check out Cooper's YouTube Video!

Thanks for letting me share this very personal story with you!

Melissa

No comments: