Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Garden Update

A few months ago I told you about the garden I planted (click here to read it). I thought I'd post a little update and show some pictures. Some of the lettuce and spinach didn't survive and only one pea plant is growing. But my tomatoes are going crazy! I have five tomato plants and one of them is completely taking over the whole garden. It's like a jungle! I'm very excited since I love tomatoes and with the big salmonella scare this spring it's a relief that I'll have my own to eat and not have to worry about that.

Enjoy and Bon Appetit!

How the garden looked the day we planted it in April


Welcome to Tomato Jungle!




I have over twenty tomato buds growing


Finally some ripe ones!


Corn is growing nicely


First tomato from the garden sliced with basil (also from the garden) and fresh mozzerella


Added some Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper - YUM!!

No comments: